RPS Solar Water Well Kits

Options
andyrud
andyrud Solar Expert Posts: 70 ✭✭
Hi, I just drilled a water well out in the country and I need a good solar system to pump the water.  I need about 4 to 5 GPM to keep my pond full.  The well is 300 feet, 40 GPM recovery, static is 85 feet from surface.  

I see on the internet a company, RPS Solar Pump Kits, that looks good, but not a lot of long term reviews.

Question:  What are the opinions on this forum about the RPS pump systems?  The company is located near me so parts etc would be readily available.  

Thanks in advance,
Andy R

Comments

• southfork
    southfork Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Options
    I was just reading an add from RPS no posts on this thread makes me worry.
     24 solar world 285 watt panels with 24 Enphase 250 s ground mount grid tied .                                                                
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,440 admin
    Options
    Don't take our posts (or non-posts) too seriously... We are not that large of forum so it is possible that nobody here has used RPS (or many times, people put pumps down, they work, and they forget about them until something breaks years later).

Here is a search link for RPS Pump Reviews:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=rps+pumps+reviews&ia=web

And some search resiults from times past on our forum (using the Site: search tag)

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site:forum.solar-electric.com/+RPS&ia=web

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • blessedpiu
    blessedpiu Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2023 #4
    Options
    Congrats on drilling your water well out in the country! It's been a year since your post, so I'm curious to know how your RPS Solar Pump Kit has been performing. Did you end up using it to pump water from your well and keep your pond full? As for opinions on this forum, it's always good to hear from other users who have experience with the RPS pump systems. If you haven't already, you may want to check out this workover rig drilling service and read the reviews from customers who have been using the system for a longer period of time to get a better idea of its performance and reliability.