Growing a Fronius pv array options

Options
quique
quique Solar Expert Posts: 259 ✭✭
I am registered as info@nrgea.com but I no longer have that email.

So I have this fronius ig 3.0uni with a 12 panel single string configuration.  Each panel is 255W 30.2V/8.4A.  Because they are in series I get a total of 30.2x12 = 362V and 3060W.  But I only ever get around 1500W max.  So I was thinking of increasing my power.

There is obviously a limit to adding power whilst I keep my 3.0 inverter before I need to add a second inverter, which I do have sitting in a box.

The panels have no shade whatsoever, they are oriented 230 SW and according to my readings the sun rises and sets at 130 and 280 respectively; so they are oriented as best as possible.  Incline is around 5-10 as I am in Honduras Central America.

So the power is dictated by the solar panel age (only about 8 years) or wiring or the inverter.  The chart shows a decline from about 3000W to 2800W from 2016 to 2020.  2021 was anomalous because I moved houses and disconnected the pv array way before I was actually able to move.  In 2022 we are near 1000W in May so I could assume the final production will be 2,400 and that would indicate possible solar panel degradation.  However there is a possibility that it's also related to outages.  This year, in this new area of town there have been considerable outages which of course reduce my production.

So if I were to increase the panels to maybe 6 more that would be 30.2x18=543.6V and 4590W but given I'm only getting (2400/3060W=78%) then I would get 3600W in theory.

The other option would of course be to install the second inverter (for which I'm not sure I have the necessary space) with its own 12 panel string.  This seems safer obviously.

I'm wondering if you can recommend other options I am not seeing?

Thanks 
Tagged: