Guidance for generating High solar power

Options
Warren93nature
Warren93nature Registered Users Posts: 1
edited April 2022 in Solar Beginners Corner #1

Can someone advise me on how many solar panels do I needed for generating 923 kWh for average monthly usage?

My monthly average usage is 923 kWh and my solar panel monthly average power generating capacity is 156 kWh. With the help of solar panel calculator I found online, I am able to compute that about 19 solar panels must be enough but after installing them, they’re generating about 791 kWh, my location is in southern Nevada- here the threshold is about 51 °F and I read at mother jones article that if only the threshold is above 78 °F, then the temperature can be unsuitable for generating solar power in desert areas. Can someone help me with this? Do I need to install more numbers of solar panels? Or should I wait for the temperature to get high as 60°F?

Comments

• NANOcontrol
    NANOcontrol Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The colder the panels, the more electrical power they produce.   I don't know what you are referring to unless you are talking heat pump.  Use a solar calculator to determine average solar power for each month.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,440 admin
    Options
    Warren, I edited out the affiliate link you had in your post.

I am curious--Are you the "Warren" that wrote the various articles in your link? In the link, you say you already have installed a solar power system?

Your question posted here really does not make a lot of sense. Are you looking for Grid Tied solar (which seems to be pretty much uneconomic last I read about Nevada and their rate plans to discourage GT Solar usage)? Or are you looking for an off grid system?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset