Tamarack Ground Mounts - My Installation

I am finally moving my panels from my crummy wooden ground mounts to the real thing.  Tamarack Solar Ground Mounts.  This has been a long time coming and I absolutely LOVE THEM!
check out my vid showing the installation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P83PN_Hbss&t=42s
I have three arrays holding three panels each.

Comments

• MJSullivan56
    MJSullivan56 Registered Users Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Tamarack makes quality stuff. Looking good.
  • mwk1000
    mwk1000 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Just getting started but I like the system and they are very sturdy I am 270 and standing on them up and down the roof not a bit of movement The S-5 clams are great too. I am using way more than needed but nice to see it's rock solid...
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Looks like it is coming along nicely...

A question though--It looks like you have a good size property... Many folks in rural areas end up choosing to go with ground mount vs the "issues" of roof mounting (costs, access, code issues, fire access, remote array power cutoff, possible roof leaks/damage from storms, etc.)...

Why roof mount vs ground mount for your installation?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    A ground mount can be 50% more cash and with that is the extra labor. I am with you though.

Is the Gov going to shut down power in the heat wave.  How will they charge the electric cars? More of the renewable energy delusion...
    I know this should be in the weeds. Hope you are well !
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net