System
Context sw 4048
Auto gen start
Mppt60
Scp
UFO 10 kw 48 volt battery
----------------------------------------------
Needs 
I want to be able to have the bms communicate with the Schneider inverter so that inverter receives info from the smart bms and controls charging .
 How is this done ?
Where can i find this info or video?
What else is needed if anything ?
------------

Video of it being said it was possible. Shown for Xw model not Sw here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccx8T7Imb8k

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,749 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your battery BMS needs to modbus interact with Schneider Insight home or facility gateway. Only 2 ways I know of to do this. Buy the right battery that already has done the modbus code into Insight, or write the code yourself. You would have to hope that your battery can support a closed loop interaction. Closed loop is superior in charge time and fuel or charge costing.

The other way is to open loop charge. It loses the advantages of closed loop operation but can work. You have to be very careful here that a large inverter does not damage your battery during discharge. The same with charging as you can over current the battery as it does not interact with the inverter/charger or Mppts.

When done correctly, the Schneider system knocks it out of the park with the excellent monitoring and control. Total peace of mind. I have done this many times since 2017 when Schneider did their first offerings into closed loop BMS power systems.

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• nokiasixteth
    nokiasixteth Registered Users Posts: 4
    Options
    This is what im seeing  .  The communication protocol can be optional RS232/RS485/Modbus or CAN. UFO POWER LiFePO4 Battery can be compatible with most Inverters on the market. It shows Mobus & CAN.  
    So i would need to get the Home insight gateway to make this happen ?
  • nokiasixteth
    Options
    Where would i get the code or template for programming it if needed ?
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,749 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://solar.schneider-electric.com/product/insighthome-and-insightfacility-edge-devices/

You would also have to get the knowledge (some go to college for 4 years+) to do this and I do not see a battery called "UFO" on the list of the 7 supported SE LFP batteries.  Good Luck !
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• nokiasixteth
    Options
    Thank you for the links i will study some more on this .
    Knowledge is no problem . Hard work will defeat this problem .Thankfully we live in the age of information & it is at our fingertips quite literally just have to be pointed in correct directions as to where to look & what languages i need to learn.