Inverter question

Options
littleharbor2
littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is this,
Schneider Electric Conext SW 4048 48VDC Inverter/Charger | Northern Arizona Wind & Sun (solar-electric.com)
Inverter operational out of the box without all the optional system gadgets? Specifically the SCP and Conex Combox

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

Comments

• wellbuilt
    wellbuilt Solar Expert Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know my out back can be used as a stand alone unit , but there is really no way to adjust the setting with out the mate 
     It would work on factory default . 
    Out back  flex power one  with out back 3648 inverter fm80 charge controler  flex net  mate 16 gc215 battery’s 4425 Watts solar .
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The defaults are for a flooded battery. If that is what you have the answer is yes. It is a mistake to not buy the SCP as it will allow the installer to adjust set-points and receive faults and warnings, not to mention set-up a genset properly!

Combox is obsolete and not supported for about 4 years now. It is replaced by Conext Home and does not need internet. It comes with wifi and can communicate directly with CSW 4048 and allows smart phone use also.

How is Baja?  Border opened today I heard.   Still nice and slow i hope!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The defaults are for a flooded battery. If that is what you have the answer is yes. It is a mistake to not buy the SCP as it will allow the installer to adjust set-points and receive faults and warnings, not to mention set-up a genset properly!

Combox is obsolete and not supported for about 4 years now. It is replaced by Conext Home and does not need internet. It comes with wifi and can communicate directly with CSW 4048 and allows smart phone use also.

How is Baja?  Border opened today I heard.   Still nice and slow i hope!
    Good info Dave, I thank you. Actually was hoping you'd chime in. I'm helping some friends set up a new system 
    There really hasn't been any restrictions on people ENTERING Mexico. The various off road events here have been well attended. The big issue we have seen is the Canadian Snowbirds who spend 6 months a year in their homes down here haven't been able to enter the USA to travel down here. They are heading down in droves now. They missed all last year. Myself , yes, nice and slow. Just the way I like it.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.