Need remote control for Schneider SW4024

Options

Hello all:  I have been following this great forum for some time, and have learned a lot from your experiences.

I’m looking for advice on how to monitor and control my solar system when I’m traveling or on vacation.  

The SW4024 is set up as a backup system with 598AH 24V AGM battery bank. Charged by 2 Midnite  CC  connected to 2 solar arrays. Battery soc is monitored via MN wizbang jr / shunt.

In order to maximize system use, I have automated switching the Grid OFF when the sun comes on (forcing the inverter to supply the loads) and switching back ON based on battery voltage.  This was accomplished by setting MN Aux diversion settings to drive a relay that will turn on/off  a  Square D breaker switch (QO230PLIC) 30A 240V 2P that supply grid power to the inverter.  This breaker is used on square D smart panels and can be turned on/off with a 24v signal. I have tried ac support and load shaving but it is not as effective due to small loads and difficult to balance L1-L2 loads. 

Breaker is set to turn off (ac off) at dawn when the battery charging volt is at 26v and sustained for 10 minutes. Breaker will turn on (ac on) when battery volt is 24.9 sustained for 15 minutes. 

It works perfectly every day and is able to fully charge the battery bank by early afternoon, while running the house.  It switch back to grid around 9:00pm. Forgot to tell you that I'm located in Puerto Rico with plenty of sun. 

Currently the only way to monitor the system I have is MN web, which only monitors the CC.

Question

1  Is there a way to control MN Aux remotely?

2 Can the Aux in the Combox (now Insighthome) be programmed to be activated based on batt volt or SOC ?

3 Does the Insighthome is able to remotely control (change parameters) to SW4024?

Any other suggestions to control  my system remotely?

Sorry for the long story but wanted to show my scenario.

Thanks

Oraculo
Schenider Conext SW4024, 9 Solarworld 290W - Midnite Solar Classic SL 150, 6 Canadian Solar 375w -Midnite Solar Classic SL 150, 3 banks Deka 84ad AGM 12V 198Ah (596 ah@ 24v total 14300kwh).
Tagged:

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Combox was replaced with gateway and Insight home which can remote control / monitor the CSW.

You will have trouble with the other questions because the network is designed to work with Schneider Xanbus equipment.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Oraculo18n67w
    Oraculo18n67w Registered Users Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for your response. If insight home works it s good for me, but haven't found  info on programing the Aux for the inside home device. 
    Oraculo
    Schenider Conext SW4024, 9 Solarworld 290W - Midnite Solar Classic SL 150, 6 Canadian Solar 375w -Midnite Solar Classic SL 150, 3 banks Deka 84ad AGM 12V 198Ah (596 ah@ 24v total 14300kwh).