AH settings on an mppt controller

JohnJ
JohnJ Registered Users Posts: 2

I have 400W solar going to a new Epever Triron 40amp mppt controller feeding two 225AH Trojan T105 batteries.
My question is when I set the AH on the controller it had a base setting of 200 and when I attempted to adjust this setting it went to four digits; ie: from 0200 to 2200. So I left it at 0200.  Is this the correct thing to do?

ps: I have some electrical knowledge but am new to the intricacies of setting up an mppt controller and the minutae of solar configurations​.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Probably... Monitor the voltage set points (Absorb, float), and see that it charges correctly (enough time in absorb).

If you do not trust how it is working (displays, etc.), is there a "reset" controller function?

At times, the internal databases can become corrupt and cause unpredictable behaviour (in anything with a computer).

Resetting to factory defaults is always a good place to restart from.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • MichaelK
    MichaelK Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    I don't think the Epever Triron 40 has a reset button.  If it does not, you can perform a hard reset by first disconnecting the panels, then disconnecting the battery connections.  Leave the unit off for a minute or two to let any capacitors drain.

When you are ready to restart the controller, attach the battery connections first, let the controller boot up, and only reattach the panels AFTER the controller has booted up on battery only.
    System 1) 15 Renogy 300w + 4 250W Astronergy panels,  Midnight 200 CC, 8 Trojan L16 bat., Schneider XW6848 NA inverter, AC-Delco 6000w gen.
    System 2) 8 YingLi 250W panels, Midnight 200CC, three 8V Rolls batteries, Schneider Conext 4024 inverter (workshop)
  • JohnJ
    JohnJ Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thanks very much for replying to my question, I went back to revisit the setup, I was a little gun shy the first time, and the AH parameters entered without incident. My original method of entry was flawed, it was operator error.  Thanks again, all good now.