remote monitoring device that can send texts/emails/etc

Options
jtdiesel65
jtdiesel65 Solar Expert Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
Does anybody know of a product capable of sending alerts via text or email?

I currently have a combox (ags, xw4024) and midnite solar CCs. I can bring up those interfaces, but it would be nice to have something that can provide an alert on low voltage or whatever.

thx

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    There are a lot of single board computers out there that are pretty cheap... How much programming do you want to do--Or just get something "off the shelf" or find person to do the programming/configuration for you?

https://www.google.com/search?q=raspberrypi+sending+text+and+emails+for+remote+monitoring

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    combox does this already ! What is your issue?

Even though it is much easier on the gateway,  which is the replacement and 10 years more up to date !
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• jtdiesel65
    Options
    combox does this already ! What is your issue?

Even though it is much easier on the gateway,  which is the replacement and 10 years more up to date !

Where are those settings? All I have on mine are settings to send a email report on some time interval. I'm looking for something that sends an email if "voltage drops to 23v" or "generator started" for example.
  • jtdiesel65
    Options
    BB. said:
    There are a lot of single board computers out there that are pretty cheap... How much programming do you want to do--Or just get something "off the shelf" or find person to do the programming/configuration for you?

https://www.google.com/search?q=raspberrypi+sending+text+and+emails+for+remote+monitoring

-Bill

I'd like something off the shelf if possible. Maybe the newer gateway would do it, but it doesn't look like it's compatible with the xw-4024. Looks like you need an xw+.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gateway is compatible with xw 4024 BTW. It will have settings and be missing some things from the 2nd generation XW+ and the current XWpro. Most all of it does not mean much to offgrid apps. 

Maybe someone else can help with combox settings. I stopped using it 2 years back and I have a bunch of stuff on my tiny plate.
    I use to do what you want for clients with warnings. You can use combox on Insight the cloud app and the old phone app for tablets is still on the discontinued XW section on Schneider.

https://solar.schneider-electric.com/products/discontinued-products/
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net