Options
2»

Comments

• oldmako
    oldmako Registered Users Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited October 2020 #32
    Options
    One last stupid Q, please.

The controller has two Batt outputs and is capable of manipulating the charging current between the two.    One output will be dedicated to the single House Batt.

The second output will go to the two cranking batts.  I am confused about how to best wire them up.

The boat's elec system is designed to be run in parallel, two batteries, one for each engine.   Two alternators, one per engine to feed it's respective batt. 

There are two main switches, one for BOTH Cranking batts and one for the single house.  They are primarily labelled ON and OFF.  However, there is a provision to COMBINE them but users are cautioned to only used COMBINE when either or both of the two cranking batts are depleted.  *** I am NOT certain, but I think that combine only connects the two cranking batteries together and does not combine the HOUSE battery with the Crankers.  

I have one 15A CB between the panel and the controller.
    I have TWO 15A CB's downstream of the controller, one for the House and one for the Crankers.

Q1.   How do I run the wires for the crankers?   TWO pair of leads off the CB, one per battery or a single set of leads to the first battery, and then jump it to the second?

Q2.   IF I jumper the first and second crankers together, am I not defeating the function of the main cranking battery switch?

My elec skills and knowledge are just above zero.