Magnasine not charging

Options
kamchuka
kamchuka Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭
edited July 2020 in Solar Beginners Corner #1
Just installed my new 4024pae and it won't recognize my Genny. I used this Genny with my old 2012msw, and a xantrex way back so nothing's different. I'm getting two clean legs of 120 @ 61hz. 
I've tried lowering the vac inside the perimeter but still won't charge. When the vac is lowered to 70, the light will flash but the inverter makes some noises I don't like and still won't charge. No pass through voltage either. Anyone had this issue? 
Edit: 10k diesel Genny, forklift battery 24v. Is inverting fine. The voltage while inverting does seem to go from 117 to 120 and back about every ten seconds. 

900 watts pv (building on) on poles, off grid 60a mppt, magnum 2k 12v msw, 1400 ah forklift battery (rewired to 12v), 8k diesel gen for house. honda eu6500, 2x 8D, coleman 800w inv for shop, honda 5k for well (pumps to 1000g cistern), ryobi 2k suitcase for mobile ops. 

Comments

• kamchuka
    Options
    So, in between the old magnum and new Magnum I ran a cheepy 2k Amazon pure since wave, 12v, relying on solar. Cleaned everything up and installed new inv. No issues on 12v, easy conversion to 24, just change forklift battery configuration. So this morning real quick I fired this old msw 2k in the system so as not to damage the $1700 new one. I literally dug this out of the motor pool trash before I retired from the Army. Works good. So, yeah, that's three different inverters in 12v and one in 24v that have all performed well in the same system.
    900 watts pv (building on) on poles, off grid 60a mppt, magnum 2k 12v msw, 1400 ah forklift battery (rewired to 12v), 8k diesel gen for house. honda eu6500, 2x 8D, coleman 800w inv for shop, honda 5k for well (pumps to 1000g cistern), ryobi 2k suitcase for mobile ops. 
  • kamchuka
    Options
    After much testing, I took it back to outback solar. They bench tested it with same result. Have me a new one. Awesome dudes!!! Great prices too, check em out