LC 2000-48 wind turbine charge controller

Options
sirmoiu
sirmoiu Registered Users Posts: 2
Hi guys,
I am having a problem with this controller, it is 3 phase Ac and my wind turbine is 800 watts 3 phase AC, and i am having problem trying to charge my Gel batteries 12v 4 200ah 48v bank. The company that i purchase the controller from said that it will charge the batteries, but it is not charging, i have the battery cables from the controller connected to the plus and minus on my battery bank and the 3 phase cables from the controller to the 3 phase cable from the wind turbine connected, the wind turbine cables are all green and  my cable is 10 gauge 15 amps 30 ft outdoor extension cord with the ends cut off, connected to the controller, could i have it hook up wrong or the controller isn't any good , please give me your input, thanks.
Modify message

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,440 admin
    Options
    Do you know that the wind turbine is "running" correctly? When you measure the green wire to green wire AC Voltage, what values do you get (usually, each green wire to green wire measurement should be around 50 VDC when wind is blowing/charging). 

Also, what is the battery bank voltage when the wind is blowing?

Do you have a DC Current Clamp meter (DMM--digital multimeter) to measure current flow? Something like one of these?:

https://www.amazon.com/UNI-T-Digital-Current-Capacitance-Multimeter/dp/B0772FYF5M (low cost)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019CY4FB4 (mid-cost)

Turbine needs to be mounted high on tower (suggest 10 meter minimum height, and at least 3 meters higher than any nearby buildings/trees/etc.). HAWT (horizontal axis wind turbine) need to point into the wind. VAWT (vertical axis wind turbine) tend not to work very well anywhere. HAWT turbines should not be "hunting" when the wind is blowing (turning to "find the wind").

Turbines need to be in "clean air". Turbulent air is pretty much impossible to harvest any useful amount of energy. A quick test is to go fly a kite... You want to get the kite to the level of the wind turbine and see if it is in smooth flowing wind.

There could be an issue with the wind turbine controller (I don't know anything about the controller or the company)... But making sure the turbine is working correctly first would be where I would start.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • sirmoiu
    sirmoiu Registered Users Posts: 2
    Options
    I am using outdoor extension cord, 30 gauge 15 amps, the wires are green, white and black, on the black to green wire i get anywhere between 30 to 53 volts, the white and green  or the green to green around 22 to 43,i am using  the fluke 322 clamp meter to measure the volts. i am also using solar 1500 watts, midnite classic 150 controller.