XW6048 compatibility with new Conext products.

Options
New to this forum, have been visiting for a while. I have found a new Xantrex XW6048, unopened in the crate. Build date 12/2010. Not sure of the firmware version. Can anyone tell me if this will play well with the new Conext SCP, MPPT charge controllers, and or Combox?

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes to all. If this is for offgrid it may not need firmware update. Keep in mind though, there is no Schneider support for the 6048 as it is obsolete and parts are only available by scavenging from used equipment in the secondary repair market. A new inverter has a 5 or 10 year warranty.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• hopware
    hopware Registered Users Posts: 2
    Options
    Dave, Thanks for your reply. I am fully aware of the warranty / support situation. On the the plus side there are actually 2 new unopened XW6048's, if parts were an issue. I am in the process of deciding if I can utilize them or not. This would be a grid tie installation. Is there firmware more current than 1.07? That is the latest version I can find on the SE Solar website.V1.07 is dated before the build date of the inverters. I'm assuming that's the version they're running. I don't want to open the crates unless I'm sure that an acceptable design can be achieved. Still bouncing ideas around.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not at this time.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net