Cable dressing.

Options
garynappi
garynappi Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭
Funny story...

I bought 100 Heyco sunrunner cable clips  (only needed a dozen but the practical minimum was either 50 or 100) and I waited a few weeks for delivery which never happened and the seller graciously sent out another shipment. Well after another 2 weeks the shipment came in, then after ANOTHER 2 weeks in comes ANOTHER package of 100 clips :-)

See note at the end of post...

Anyway, I get that the slim possibility of a wire insulation problem or short can make the panel frame + hot, but considering the option of cabling flapping in a breeze abrading against the same panel frame I figure I'd rather have the cabling secured / dressed so as not to have a rat's nest of wire. 

So I use them sparingly on my two (100 and 125 watt) panels, and I wonder if these are thought of as verboten in the solar industry considering my observations above?

Now... since I have TWO HUNDRED of these jewels I'm happy to send a baker's dozen to anyone (CONUS only) who wants / needs (until they get depleted to a point I cannot send more) them if they PM me and send a SASE with a few stamps inside :-)