Spartan inverters?

https://www.amazon.com/Spartan-Power-Inverter-Charger-SP-IC4424/dp/B076HVV8TP/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543692555&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=spartan+24v&th=1&psc=1

Anyone know about these inverters at all? For the price, they look damn impressive, if the claimed numbers hold up.  I'm looking for a LF inverter who's sole purpose is to run a ⅓hp submersible pump when the tank calls for it to. And to run power tools occasionally as well.  My plan was to set up a closed circuit (pressure switch-inverter-bank) with a couple time delay relays for on and off, so that the inverter never starts under load, and powers down when the pressure switch is satisfied, thus avoiding idle loses unnecessarily.  A high efficiency, lower wattage Samlex 600sa powers everything else on the main circuit, operating from the same bank.   As there seems to be a lack of stand alone high power LF inverters that aren't of dubious Chinese origin, this one here looks like a winner. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see anything about ETL certification, if that's an issue for code/insurance purposes.

Other than that, it looks like a lot for the $ if it works as advertised.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • mcnutt13579
    mcnutt13579 Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    Looks a lot like a Magnum.

What makes you think this is not of dubious Chinese origin itself?
  • nyarelathodep
    nyarelathodep Solar Expert Posts: 99 ✭✭
    Based in the US, according to every vendor, and there website.
  • KenMorgan
    KenMorgan Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭
    I contacted them requesting location of manufacture and the emailed reply I got was that they were designed in the US, and produced in a mainland Chinese plant.  FWIW I order stuff from China occasionally via Alibaba, but I only order from plants that have a track record or that a friend has inspected and ordered from.  It really boils down to the plant that makes it, and the level of QC that is going on at that plant.
    30kw LiFePo4 battery bank, 18 JA solar 200 watt panels, 20 sharp 200 watt panels,  morningstar controller(s) and a magnum 4448 inverter with all the usual junk that goes with it. 
  • Cosuper_Energy
    Cosuper_Energy Registered Users Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Looks a lot like a Magnum.

What makes you think this is not of dubious Chinese origin itself?
    why did you think it is the Chinese products?
  • Cosuper_Energy
    Cosuper_Energy Registered Users Posts: 6 ✭✭
    KenMorgan said:
    I contacted them requesting location of manufacture and the emailed reply I got was that they were designed in the US, and produced in a mainland Chinese plant.  FWIW I order stuff from China occasionally via Alibaba, but I only order from plants that have a track record or that a friend has inspected and ordered from.  It really boils down to the plant that makes it, and the level of QC that is going on at that plant.
    although i am a Chinese and working about the inverter filed, i have never hearing about this inverter