solar system

joefanfan
joefanfan Registered Users Posts: 8 ✭✭
I bought  4 module type: JC300M-24/Abh               Short circuit 8.69 A
Maximum power 300 w,                                           Maximum current Power 8.20A
Open circuit 44.8 V                                                  Maximum series Fuse rating 20A
Maximum power voltage 36.6 V
Maximum system voltage 1000 VDC . 
those are the specifications on the panels. Does this consider to take 12V or 24v battery bank ?
And what battery bank size and type would give a better performance in a full sun area. Also considering this system gonna have a water
 pump intermitently and a refrigerator on it for my home. Appreciate your opinion.

Comments

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, since you've started a new thread in off-grid, I'll assume you're off grid. The numbers Bill gave you in your thread in the beginners section are applicable, as are the links to learning about the various components.

A fridge in a hot climate will likely use 2-3kwh/day. You may want to start by buying a "kill-a-watt" meter to get a better idea of your loads.

Is the pump 120v?
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Let us continue the discussion in the thread where most people have been answering your questions:

http://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/352141/solar-system-intallation-info-needed#latest

-Bill "moderator" B.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • joefanfan
    joefanfan Registered Users Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Hi, thanks, yes the pump is 120V, that will run temporarily to fill up reservoir which will last often 4 days
This discussion has been closed.