Looking for small inverter with low stand-by current

Options
2»

Comments

• _OS_
    _OS_ Solar Expert Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Looking for small inverter with low stand-by current

Yesterday I received the SureSine, six weeks after i paid for it. I paid for a new unit but the one I got appeared to be used; there is earth/dirt on the cooling fins, the screws have marks after being used several times and there was no user manual or instructions for use. The dealer offered to replace the unit immediately but it is too much of a hassle to return the unit. He should have checked the unit before sending it to me.

I have ordered hundreds of items on the net from the USA and other countries and this is the first time I have gotten into trouble.

OS
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

sorry to hear that. guess you won't be ordering from that one anymore and who knows what will happen if you send it back too, no doubt at your expense.
  • _OS_
    _OS_ Solar Expert Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    Options

The dealer also told me that he did not have time to inspect the unit before sending it to me and that he ordered this unit from another distributor than usual.

The dealer is a very nice guy and I believe him. He offered me $40 in credit on future purchases because the unit was delivered late. He also sent me the Renewable Energy book, the Renewable Energy Design Guide & Index and the latest issue of Home Power Magazine free of charge.

Ole
  • lamplight
    lamplight Solar Expert Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2manytoyz wrote: »
    http://2manytoyz.com/gridless.html

FWIW, the CFL lighting connected to each of these inverters operate as if on the grid. There's no fluttering, humming, etc. MSW works well for this purpose.

nice article on your webpage!! i have done similar on my home office but the wiring isnt as nice looking, was having an adhd moment when i did mine. its so embarrassing sometimes ;)
    anyhow i couldnt do the wireless relay switch (although that product looks cool i never saw something like that) , what i have done (with help from people here) is wire up an A/B switch to switch between greid and offgrid., when offgrid the inverter goes to sleep but its not as low wattage as id like. I put in a heavy duty blue sea switch though for in winter when it will be off for days or weeks at a time when its worth going down to the cellar.