Old Xantrex Combox on New Schneider SW Inverter

Options
llrrll
llrrll Registered Users Posts: 4
Bringing up an old thread - will the old Xantrex Combox (809-0918) work with a new Schneider Electric SW2524 (865-2524) inverter?  I can't seem to find the answer to this.  There are plenty of these older comboxes available for under $300 and I would much rather buy one of them vs. the newer ones for $535.  I would really appreciate the feedback.  I just installed the inverter and it's manufacture date is from nearly 3 years ago (bought from CivicSolar).  So, I'm guessing there must be a firmware update.  The inverter seems to draw nearly 2.5-3amps with no load, fan runs at the weirdest times (also no load).  Anyways, wish I would've gotten something else but am thinking a firmware update may improve my life.  Thanks

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016 #2
    Options
    The combox for new SW like yours and the XW is model #865-1058. The freedom series combox will not work correctly with your inverter.

There were issues with your inverter that were resolved with firmware. You need to do the updates but if I were you I would really be unhappy with Civic solar and let them know that they should not be selling old product. It should have gone back and recent firmware should have been installed.

The store here would have probably drop shipped from Schneider and you would get the firmware that is meant for someone buying now!
    My supplier does the same thing and will pack the whole system up and ship in one shipment anywhere in the world,
    well a few places it can't go....
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net