Ark Portable Battery Box

Options
Steven Lake
Steven Lake Solar Expert Posts: 402 ✭✭
http://www.arkportablepower.com/pages/about-the-arkpak

Ran across this by accident today.  Have any of you ever heard of this before?  Any thoughts on it?  This is sort of a "we provide the box, you provide the battery" thing.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options
    Apparently, you can fit a Group 31 140 AH @ 12 volt battery into the device (box+120 VAC battery charger+DC port+150 or 300 Watt AC inverter?)...

So--How much power (AC and DC--Watts and/or Amp*Hours @ 12 volts) would make this a "successful" product for you?

Before you select the product--What loads do you want to drive? At least they are not putting in an 1,800 Watt AC inverter (way to big for a 140 Amp*Hour 12 volt flooded cell lead acid battery).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Steven Lake
    Steven Lake Solar Expert Posts: 402 ✭✭
    Options
    Well, right now I have no projects that I'd use this for.  I'm just curious what you guys think of something like this.  I already have my own DIY power pigs that do the job for what we need.  I just thought this was a rather neat way to do a portable power setup while keeping the DIY to a minimum.