New System - Need help

Options
Hi,

I just purchased a house this year that finally has the space and freedom where I can do what I want like build things, wind turbines, etc.  No HOA restrictions.

Anyway, I've started with a small solar and wind system.  I would like to have a battery bank and grid tie.

So far I have the following:
1.  One wind turbine.  Purchased from MO Wind and Solar 1600watt peak 3-phase output AC.  BTW they are not helpful with questions.  
2.  Four new deep cycle marine batteries.  (plan to add more later)
3.  Two solar panels in series that I built (first project with my kids a couple years ago).  They are small.  Together in series they put out 16.5VDC peak.
4.  Two 10.5VDC- 30VDC input 1000W 120VAC output grid tie inverters
5.  One 700w 48VDC water heater element for dump load
6.  One Coleman Air C-160 wind and solar charge controller with dump controller built in.

Here is a somewhat high-level drawing I made with what I have done so far.  I have hit a road block and could use some experienced advice from someone who gives a crap.  Missouri Wind and Solar gave me no help what so ever and I will avoid buying their products in the future as well.  Please review this drawing at your convenience.  I added details and a list of my three main issues at the bottom of the page.  Advice and constructive criticism would be very helpful before I go further into this.

http://kvisit.com/RA/tDU

Best Regards,
George

Comments

• vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to the forum,

Stop spending money!  Be prepared to find that most of what you've spent already is not useful. 

Marine deep cycle batteries are NOT deep cycle batteries.  Small scale wind is usually an expensive hobby... rarely cost effective. 

On the subject of cost effective:  if you have grid available AND your state has favorable net metering, then solar power can be cost effective.

Stay away from batteries if you possibly can... do you need standby power for when the grid is down?  If so, a generator is usually more cost effective than a battery based power system.

It's difficult to give advice when I don't know what is the purpose and intended use of the system.  What are you trying to accomplish?

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i