Concorde Chairman battery

I've read about the Concorde Lifeline batteries for RVs. I am looking at the Concorde Chairman battery(AGM-6220T). They seem to have all the benefits of the Lifeline and are less expensive. I realize they are geared toward wheelchair and forklift applications but I read where Monaco are using them in their coaches.

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Concorde Chairman battery

yes, good batteries, but did you have a question or a comment?
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    niel wrote: »
    yes, good batteries, but did you have a question or a comment?

I have not read anything on this forum about using them for solar applications. Is there any reason you see for not using them in a RV for that purpose?
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

From the manuals, they appear to be identical battery designs internally. I did not see any reason to choose one type over the other.

Look at the warranty--the vendor may not cover the battery if used in a different application.

You might talk with your local battery distributor and find out what they say the differences are...

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • niel

the distributor of the battery or the salesman may or may not know if concorde would approve your application. for example they told me that they do not honor the warranty on lifeline batteries if used with solar pvs. of course how would they know unless you tell them? in any case, send them an email for the aspect of your application and the warranty, but as far as functionality goes it would work.
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

I found the Lifelines are not that more expensive and they come with a 5 year warranty. When I called Concorde they said the Lifeline is the only approved RV battery. I didn't mention solar and she didn't ask.

Another question if I may; I park my 5th wheel along side the house for approximately 5 months. Is it alright to leave the batteries charging with my Morningstar ProStar-30 controller or should I turn the solar charging off and only charge them periodically?

thanks again
    Bob
  • niel

you may leave the prostar and solar connected as it will help to give a maintenance charge to the batteries thus thwarting self discharge.