Question on Wind Turbine

Zakarume
Zakarume Solar Expert Posts: 143 ✭✭
I just got a small 500 wind turbine to help a little on cloudy/rainy days to charge battery bank. What i need to know? Can i run negetive cable from PMA to my shunt that is coming from my Midnite Kid Charge Controller instead of going directly to the batteries
1460 Watts Solar @24v. 675 AH Battery Bank using 12 6v Trojan T-105. 1 Midnite Classic 150. 1500 Watt 24v Samlex Pure Sine Inverter

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Yep, you want the turbine's negative connection connected to the common negative bus side of the shunt (not the battery terminal side). You want to monitor the Battery state of charge by logging all of the +/- current flow * time flow through the battery bank.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Zakarume
    Zakarume Solar Expert Posts: 143 ✭✭
    Thanks BB. This turbine is nothing fancy. Not big. But if i get 5% charge into batteries when it is cloudy or raining it is better than nothing
    1460 Watts Solar @24v. 675 AH Battery Bank using 12 6v Trojan T-105. 1 Midnite Classic 150. 1500 Watt 24v Samlex Pure Sine Inverter