GFX1424/Mate low battery cutoff question.

Options
K4KMG
K4KMG Solar Expert Posts: 50 ✭✭
Need to know what to set this for. Sys in my sig below.

I've been leaving my inverter on at my camp all week, (while I'm gone), for my security sys. Camp is a long way from home so I can't just 'pop in' whenever.
It was cloudy most of this past week and when I got to my camp, Trimetric reported 62% SOC. Really don't want to trash batteries if it can be helped. I want the inverter to shut itself down, but not sure what I should set the cutoff to.

Thanks

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options
    Re: GFX1424/Mate low battery cutoff question.

If you have heavy loads, 11.5 volts (12 volt battery bank ref) for cutoff would be OK (i.e., starting a sump/well pump, etc.). If the loads are light (security electronics)... 12.0 to 12.2 would probably be fine. Reconnect once voltage exceeds ~13.6 volts (at least you have sun/charging current going into the battery bank).

If you have different levels/timing you can set... Something like less than 11.5 volts for > 2 minutes, <12.2 volts for more than 1 hour, <12.4 volts for more than 8 hours, etc.

Of course, that is referenced to a ~70F temperature battery bank--Warmer or colder would push the numbers around.

Anyway--A starting point.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • K4KMG
    K4KMG Solar Expert Posts: 50 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: GFX1424/Mate low battery cutoff question.

Thanks Bill. Load is about 40w 24/7 for NVR/Cameras.