Conext Insight Solar Monitoring Cloud Service

DMJ72
DMJ72 Solar Expert Posts: 131 ✭✭
"Conext Insight is the Remote monitoring and asset management platform for distributed PV plants. Conext Insight offers a single point of access to all your distributed PV plants remotely using internet connected devices like laptops and tablets. As an installer you can always remain connected with your customers and provide value added services by remotely managing a portfolio of plants."

http://conextinsight.schneider-electric.com

For those of you with Schneider equipment ..

Comments

• reefbum
    reefbum Solar Expert Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Re: Conext Insight Solar Monitoring Cloud Service

When adding a site are you having issues with the Date Commissioned field?

Regards
  • jtdiesel65
    jtdiesel65 Solar Expert Posts: 242 ✭✭✭

Internet security and liability would make me stay right away from that.
  • reefbum
    reefbum Solar Expert Posts: 41 ✭✭
    jtdiesel65 wrote: »
    Internet security and liability would make me stay right away from that.

If you have ever contacted support for whatever reason or your supplier had them drop ship your hardware or the installer submitted a warranty/commissioning report, they already have you in their system with name, address, phone, equipment spec etc...
    Using insight the only additional info that's not already in the system is operation stats.

While I may agree with your statement of staying away from that, the important information that someone may be after is already in the system.

I do know that every time I login to the ComBox there is a check box that is auto checked on login, if you fail to uncheck the I Agree every single time, the ComBox automatically enables insight and begins transmitting to their servers. It may still transmit some data weather you opt in/out anyway.
  • jtdiesel65
    jtdiesel65 Solar Expert Posts: 242 ✭✭✭

I'm not worried about the info. It's the "remotely managing" piece I don't like.

In general, I would never give my combox internet connectivity even with a proper firewall.