XW6048 - what is this part?

Rossman
Rossman Solar Expert Posts: 178 ✭✭
G'day all,

Well I am in the process of trying to get my XW6048 up and running. When I opened the top portion of the power distribution panel, I found this "jumper" across the two metal rails right behind it (in the picture) - as soon as I moved it, it came unconnected, I am not sure what precisely what purpose this serves, as I don't see a reference to it in the wiring diagrams in the install manual.

Attachment not found.

Anyone else with an XW6048, I'd appreciate some insight on what this jumper is for!

Thanks kindly,
mark

Comments

• Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: XW6048 - what is this part?

Hi Mark,

This is the mechanical stop, that helps firm-up that string of DIN Rail circuit breakers. It has NO electrical function, just helps add rigidity for those breakers, especially when not all of that Rail is full of breakers. Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • Rossman
    Rossman Solar Expert Posts: 178 ✭✭
    Re: XW6048 - what is this part?

Thanks Vic, much appreciated!

I cannot for the life of me, free the screw in that thing, that loosens it (so that I can put it back). Irritating. I guess I will just leave it off for now...