Outback MATE summary screen scale

Options
2twisty
2twisty Solar Expert Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
I have VFX3648.

I have a MATE to program it. On the summary screen on the MATE, it shows kW inverted, buying, etc. The scale of the display implies that it can show down to individual watt resolution. It will say 1.000kW, for example.

HOwever, it only seems to have 100-watt resolution. If I'm using 100W of power, it will say 0.100kW. If I am using 199W of power it will say 0.100kW. Since they have the placeholders for single-watt resolution, why am I not seeing that? If they only intended to have 100-watt resolution, why not just display it as 1.1kW instead of 1.100kW (remember significant figures from science class? Lol)

I'd like to have finer resolution on that display, but the manual for the MATE might as well be greek. It's all menu tree diagrams rather than simple explanations. Is there some way to change the scale of that display so I have finer resolution?

Thanks!

Comments

• gww1
    gww1 Solar Expert Posts: 963 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Outback MATE summary screen scale

The mate is nowhere close and is just a general guide to what is going on. I have the trimetric battery meter that at night shows the actual watts leaving the battery. The charging numbers on the mate also show sometimes up to 300 watt differance from the charge controllers readings. I still like outback equiptment but keep this in mind while using it.
    Cheers
    gww
  • jcheil
    jcheil Solar Expert Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Outback MATE summary screen scale

Is it a Mate3?

If so, you can go into the settings and scale that display any way you want. You tell it the size of your array, generator, inverter, etc.
    Off-Grid in Central Florida since 2005, Full-Time since June 2014 | 12 X Sovello 205w panels, 9 X ToPoint 220w panels, 36x ToPoint 225w panels (12,525 watts total) | Custom built single-axis ground mounts | Complete FP2 Outback System: 3 x FM80, 2 x VFX3648, X240 Transformer, FLEXnet-DC, Mate-3, Hub-10, FW500 AC/DC | 24 x Trojan L16RE-B Batteries 1110ah @ 48v | Honda EU7000is Generator and a pile of "other" Generators | Home-Made PVC solar hot water collector | Custom data logging software http://www.somewhatcrookedcamp.com/monitormate.html