Generic 12 volt RV information sources

Options
Having done a bit of rooting around the site and other sources I thought I would post some generic information sites for RV's
A big note here: These sites have ball park figures to give you an idea. Your specific equipment is what you need for closer fit figures.
This has been mentioned many times in many threads on this site.

ref 1 The 12 volt side of life marxrv.com/12volt/12volt.htm
comment: His soc voltage readings are a little low @ least for my system. His solar panel size is low, per NAWS faq under Rv's
minimum panel size 100 watt per 100aH of battery. Remember C/20 or 5% is a very minimum charge value and C/10
maybe required for your specific battery(s)

ref 2 RV electrical or the Golden rules of solar jackdanmayer.com/rv_electrical_and_solar.htm#The%20Golden%20Rules
comment: For small RV systems, under 400 watt of solar although bigger can be better you most likely won't need
2/0 or 4/0 wire; it may have value if your dealing with a 35 or 40' run from the combiner to the CC. Use a
minimum of short 10 AWG between panels and combiner. 24 V panels and mppt are probably better then
12 V if the bigger panels will fit.

I'll add to this as I come across any that make sense and I'm sure others will have some resources also.

Forgot the two most important: smartgauge, smartgauge.co.uk/batt_con.html and car & deep cycle battery fag 2014, batteryfaq.org

Comments