Solar firm prosecuted after roof fall puts installer in hospital

RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has prosecuted a solar installer and a green energy firm in West Yorkshire for safety breaches following a severe injury to a worker who fell from a roof during a solar install. The worker fell seven metres from a pitched agricultural barn roof, breaking seven...

••• read more at SolarFeeds.com •••solarfeed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA solarfeed?i=C7mBINX8rII:VXvasW0Jj04:gIN9vFwOqvQ solarfeed?d=qj6IDK7rITs solarfeed?i=C7mBINX8rII:VXvasW0Jj04:V_sGLiPBpWU solarfeed?d=dnMXMwOfBR0
C7mBINX8rII

More...

Comments

• ILFE
    ILFE Solar Expert Posts: 364 ✭✭
    Re: Solar firm prosecuted after roof fall puts installer in hospital

So, he wasn't bright enough to get off the roof when it began raining, so, someone else is responsible for it?
    Paul
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    ILFE wrote: »
    So, he wasn't bright enough to get off the roof when it began raining, so, someone else is responsible for it?
    Well, if he was not bright enough to insist that his boss provide fall arresting gear for working on a pitched roof whose edge was 22 feet off the ground, then he was also probably not smart enough to get out of the rain.
    Depending somewhat on the pitch, working on a roof of that height without arresting gear, even in clear dry weather, could be a violation of several mandatory safety standards in the US.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

Attachment not found.

one of these guys has to be the boss....

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada