Cd-Te Polcrystalline solar panel

Options
xphysics
xphysics Registered Users Posts: 14
Hi everyone,

I am a new engineer about solar system. I have a lot of un-answered questions.
I need you to solve one of them.
I need a panel which structure should be CdTe Poylcrystalline. But I can not find any
panel datasheet which demonstrate the specific information about that. I found an polycrystalline but there is no information about CdTe . Or vice-versa.
I mean all polycrystalline panels includes CdTe ?

Can you give me any link or any brand or any datasheet of solar panel which structure should be
CdTe Poylcrystalline.

Thanks...

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: Cd-Te Polcrystalline solar panel

I have to look more, but polycrystalline panels are 99.9% silicon.

CdTe are entirely different materials. CdTe panels may be polycrystalline too, but not usually discussed as mono/poly crystalline solar panels (both silicon type).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xphysics wrote: »
    I need a panel which structure should be CdTe Poylcrystalline. But I can not find any
    Welcome to the forum,

They are very toxic. If they are still made, they are not generally available. Why do you need CdTe?

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you need just one or two panels for experimental use, you might be best off trying to buy a used panel online. I am not sure there is any market for them though.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • xphysics
    Options
    vtmaps wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum,

They are very toxic. If they are still made, they are not generally available. Why do you need CdTe?

--vtMaps

I need to make an simulation of 100kW system with pvsyst using this kind of solar panel. That is why I need it.
  • xphysics
    Options

Or I also want to know that there is CdTe structure solar-panel which nominal power is min 250W at stc ?

Thanks for all replys..
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options

First Solar is one of the major suppliers of CdTe panels--Here is their documentation section of their website:

http://www.firstsolar.com/en/about-us/resource-library/module-documents

Their standard panels seem to max out around 100 watts per panel.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset