broken true sine wave ups still useful?

lamplight
lamplight Solar Expert Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
before i recycle it or steel the batteries i thought id offer this up for some of you electronically inclined folks. i have a true sine wave ups
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HCKW40?smid=A2QQ2GK3VOMKC6&tag=msnshop-ce-mp-20&linkCode=asn

i plugged in a load that was too large for it and now it doesnt recognize when there is AC power supplied, it switches over to the battery (which is still good)

the manufacturer tells me it's the circuit board and they dont have any stocked for replacement, so a replacement unit would be cheaper.

im not sure if anyone could fix this or wants it for the batteries but i thought id just throw it out there if anyone wanted it they could have it for the cost of shipping (though its heavy so thats not cheap). if you want a ups quote im in zip 01060. it has 2 12v 8AH batteries that are still good and whatever else may be useful. i only mention it as a true sine wave unit is a good bit more costly that the usual. ive since replaced it with a bigger unit of another brand.

Comments

• System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Re: broken true sine wave ups still useful?

It sounds like it is still usefull as an inverter, since it switches over. Would just doesnn't charge or transfer.

What is the make/model? I'd like to look up it's capacity and voltage.
    It's most likely 24v, but I'd like to check, if it's 12v, I'm interested!

...ship without batteries though if you are willing to remove.
  • lamplight

i posted the link to the same model: a cyberpower pp800

I just opened it up, it has 2 12v batts and appears theyre wired in series so 24v it is. not interested?
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

Found the specs...

It is indeed 12V

Do you mind taking out the batteries? I'll send you a PM.
  • lamplight

its 24v just meaured, using 2 12v series' valve regulated batts if anyone else is interested.