Generac auto start with older model

leeelson
leeelson Registered Users Posts: 18
I have a Generac model 05240 (7kw) with an 8 circuit transfer switch. This unit does *not* have the LCD display (i.e. not the Evolution controller) that others have written about. The Generac will serve as a backup so when my Xantrex XW6048 calls for battery charge and the PV’s are off line, the Generac will supply power via the associated Xantrex generator autostart module. My installer doesn’t have experience with how to interface the autostart module with the Generac. I’ve seen similar posts, but none for my Generac model. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• DanS26
    DanS26 Solar Expert Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    Re: Generac auto start with older model
    leeelson wrote: »
    I have a Generac model 05240 (7kw) with an 8 circuit transfer switch. This unit does *not* have the LCD display (i.e. not the Evolution controller) that others have written about. The Generac will serve as a backup so when my Xantrex XW6048 calls for battery charge and the PV’s are off line, the Generac will supply power via the associated Xantrex generator autostart module. My installer doesn’t have experience with how to interface the autostart module with the Generac. I’ve seen similar posts, but none for my Generac model. Any help is appreciated.

Go here....these guys can help you....much experience with Generac.....

http://www.zillerelectric.com/forums/index.php
    23.16kW Kyocera panels; 2 Fronius 7.5kW inverters; Nyle hot water; Steffes ETS; Great Lakes RO; Generac 10kW w/ATS, TED Pro System monitoring
  • leeelson
    DanS26 wrote: »
    Go here....these guys can help you....much experience with Generac.....

http://www.zillerelectric.com/forums/index.php

Thanks. Did that. No reply yet.
  • leeelson

Here's an update. Indirect response from Xantrex suggests a simple but elegant approach. As shown in theAttachment not found. diagram, the AGS can control a relay that in turn controls the ability of the Generac to sense the utility. The relay coil should be 12VDC and the contact, 240VAC. Can anyone suggest where to find such a relay. Please be specific (e.g. model number) if you can. I'm also interested in finding someone who can configure and install such a relay. I'm near Reno, NV.

All help is appreciated.