4 busbar vs 2 Busbar solar panels which one to choose ?

Options
2»

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,457 admin
    Options
    Re: 4 busbar vs 2 Busbar solar panels which one to choose ?

Looks about right on my Phone. Can't swear to accuracy.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • drraptor
    drraptor Solar Expert Posts: 218 ✭✭
    Options
    BB. wrote: »
    Looks about right on my Phone. Can't swear to accuracy.

-Bill
    So my panel produced 0.6KWh in a single day with a battery which is nearing it's end of life.

Another guy near my area has a total of 1530Watts of panels in 2 strings of 3 panels each. Each panel is rated at 255W datasheet http://www.canadiansolar.com/down/en/CS6P-M_en.pdf

He is using a Morningstar MPPT 45. He says he is getting 1200watts theses days with average energy generated 9.6KWh/day (IMHO he took this from either Tristar remote meter or it was downloaded over a Rs-232 connection) . 48V battery bank with four 12V flooded batteries of 200AH each.

Is this system optimal ?
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,457 admin
    Options

Remember, if of grid system, these numbers are what the battery accepted during charging and consumed by loads.

This may, or may not be what the solar array and charge controller are capable of.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • drraptor
    drraptor Solar Expert Posts: 218 ✭✭
    Options
    BB. wrote: »
    Remember, if of grid system, these numbers are what the battery accepted during charging and consumed by loads.

This may, or may not be what the solar array and charge controller are capable of.

-Bill
    Both are hybrid system. Mine uses grid all the time but he is using only when batteries SOC drops low.
    In other words he is using an inverter in Solar-Battery-Utility mode. Means it will basically utilize the battery then charge...