Newbie Magnum MS2000 Inverter/Charger question about SOC

rasjad
rasjad Registered Users Posts: 2
I recently installed a Magnum MS2000 Inverter/Charger and 4 Lifeline GPT-4CT Batteries (capacity total 440AH at 12V) in my RV Eventually I'll add solar panels and solar controller. I have a question which may seem very basic but I can't figure it out.

It seems like that Magnum isn't fully charging my battery bank. 1st of all, I set the Battery Type to AGM1 (Lifeline AGM Batteries), and the total AHs capacity to 440.

When I let the SOC run down low (say 67%), then "plug in" to shore power - the charger appropriately goes to "Bulk charging" (I think for 1.5 hrs), then to it "Absorb Charging", then "Float Charging". When I checked the SOC the next morning, it was only at 84% - which seems low after "charging" all night. The meter says "Full Charge" and appears to be done charging (ie; indicator lights are off). I would expect it to be in the mid-90s, not mid 80s.

As a "baseline", my RV appears to pull about 1.4 amps (inverter appears to be 0.4 amps, everything else that is "off" seems to pull 1.0 amps). So assuming that it was "done" for 10 hrs, that should have pulled about 14 AH - which is only about 3% of my total AHs.

Is this normal? It would be nice to get the batteries closer to the mid-upper 90%s not the mid 80%s.

Rasjad

Comments

• Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭
    Re: Newbie Magnum MS2000 Inverter/Charger question about SOC

I am going to assume you have a MC-RE remote. You chose the stock AGM setting, it will work on some batteries, but not the ones you have. Under Battery Type, choose Custom, from there you can choose the Absorb voltage and TIME and Charge Rate.
  • rasjad
    rasjad Registered Users Posts: 2
    Re: Newbie Magnum MS2000 Inverter/Charger question about SOC
    I am going to assume you have a MC-RE remote. You chose the stock AGM setting, it will work on some batteries, but not the ones you have. Under Battery Type, choose Custom, from there you can choose the Absorb voltage and TIME and Charge Rate.

Yes - I have the MC-RC. I'll do as you suggest. I guess I assumed the AMG1 was set for the Lifeline batteries - but it makes sense there are multiple Lifeline batteries.