Trojan L16xxx vs L16RE-B - RV Replacement Battery bank

Options
124»

Comments

• Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Trojan L16xxx vs L16RE-B - RV Replacement Battery bank

nowayout, I'm excited for you, nothing like a new set of batteries, they look great !! Like Coot says, best to check them. Let us know how they do.
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Trojan L16xxx vs L16RE-B - RV Replacement Battery bank
    nowayout wrote: »
    Update: I received my batteries yesterday...and what beautiful batteries they are! They seem to be very well made, quality product. :-) ...

2) .... Float depends on temperature, 2.1VPC at 77F." No response was given on equalize voltage.

3) The electrolyte is just to the top of the yellow splash guard. So a little needed water needs to be added to each once they are installed. I don't think any leaked out in transit.

4) What is the consensus on watering systems? ...

I'll get these installed in the next 48 hours. Thanks for the input and discussion on my project, it is MUCH appreciated!

Hi noway ..

Boy that Float voltage sure seems LOW.
    Suggest that you ask again about recommended EQ voltage.
    Also suggest you ask about the fairly low electrolyte level -- what is normal, and if this IS low (which it seems to be), ask what you should do --add electrolyte, or water (?).

Personal belief is that watering systems are generally bad, as they can create the feeling that the batteries are taken care of, and little need to bond with them, and as BC04 mentioned, it can make measuring SGs more difficult.

Opinions ... they are very handsome indeed. Have Fun, VIc
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.