Avanti 2.1 chest freezer

Options
nobody928
nobody928 Solar Expert Posts: 62 ✭✭✭✭
I just wanted to share what i think is a good fine. I recently purchased a 2.1 cubic foot freezer. It has worked great for me so far using very little power. I use this in freezer mode but I think it would also make for a great freezer to fridge conversion. I paid 200 dollars including shipping. It is not energy star approved but the yellow tag says that it uses 17 dollar a year and 160 kwh. I have found it to stay under 75 watts when running and it doesnt seem to need to run all that much.

Keep in mind that this unit has the same compressor as the 3 cuft. So if you have room and need more than the small footprint of the 2.1 model they use close to the same amount of energy. I would go with the biggest unit you can fit, however the 2.1 unit holds an incredible amount of food. IMO

Comments

• Endurance
    Endurance Solar Expert Posts: 40
    Options
    Re: Avanti 2.1 chest freezer

That's good energy usage, especially if space is a premium. I just bought an Igloo 5.2 Cu. Ft. Chest Freezer - Model: FRF452. It was supposed to be $160 at Best Buy, but they ended up selling it to me for $149 since it had been on sale for that amount a few weeks before I bought it. It's yellow tag says it uses $18 a year or 172 kWh. I though it was a pretty good bet for me since I need a little bigger freezer.