Honda EU 2000 i

Options
Just received my new eu2000i and have a question. At "high idle" its perfectly smooth running, but idling in eco mode it does not sound as smooth. Is this normal, or does my new toy have a issue?
8-420AH US Battery L-16s, Midnite Classic 150cc, Whiz Bang Jr, Magnum MS4448PAE inverter/charger,  4590w Canadian Solar panels. Honda EU2000i generator.

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Honda EU 2000 i

What do you mean by "it does not sound as smooth"? Does it 'lope'? Change RPM? Stutter?

Mine you can hardly even hear when it is idled down, and it runs quite smooth at all speeds.

If you're concerned take it back to where you got it, start it up, and show-n-tell them exactly what seems to be wrong.
  • Arkansasoffgrid
    Arkansasoffgrid Solar Expert Posts: 117 ✭✭
    Options

Probably best described as a very minor stutter every 5-10 seconds, nothing major, just noticed it doesn't do it at full speed. Bought from internet Honda dealer so don't want to return ship over possibly "nothing".
    8-420AH US Battery L-16s, Midnite Classic 150cc, Whiz Bang Jr, Magnum MS4448PAE inverter/charger,  4590w Canadian Solar panels. Honda EU2000i generator.
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It will take a few tanks of running to wear in. It should 'lope' a bit whenever it is in Eco mode, it apparently is searching for ??
    try to run it at 1/2 load .

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • Arkansasoffgrid
    Arkansasoffgrid Solar Expert Posts: 117 ✭✭
    Options

OK, just wanted to hear from other EU owners. Will try to run some fuel through it over the next couple weeks, thanks.
  • Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭
    Options

I think the guys are right, I have two and they both are a little different on how they sound and run. The little stepper motor on the carburetor seems to be a little more sensitive on one and it will change the rpm a little from time to time. Run a few tanks through it and see if doesn't smooth out.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the guys are right, I have two and they both are a little different on how they sound and run. The little stepper motor on the carburetor seems to be a little more sensitive on one and it will change the rpm a little from time to time. Run a few tanks through it and see if doesn't smooth out.

A few of eu-2000i 's I have seen are load sensitive to the charger on an inverter/charger system. I have seen this with Outback and the XW. Another eu 2000i was fine. Some of this ruff running may be the interaction of equipment. One fix was just to drive an Iota battery charger and stay out of the charging section of the inverter altogether.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net