How do I set equalize charge time for xantrex sw4024 inverter? I am not sure that the b

Options
dheller
dheller Registered Users Posts: 6
I am not sure that the inverter setting for equalize charge is set properly. Anyone familiar with the Xantrex sw4024 inverter?

Comments

• Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: How do I set equalize charge time for xantrex sw4024 inverter? I am not sure that t

Unless I am wrong and I could be, it is fixed to 1 hour and you either have to re-trigger it every hour, A option is to set the Absorb or float up high enough to do it. Don't forget to set it back when your done. You should be checking the SG level every hour anyway, Equalization is not a timed, it's done when you no longer get a rise after at least a hour or two.
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: How do I set equalize charge time for xantrex sw4024 inverter? I am not sure that t

Hi dheller,

Welcome to the Forum.

ASSUME that you are speaking of the older xantrex SW4024, Not the (now Schneirer Electric) Context SW4024;

if you have the Manual for this device, you should find a section regarding Battery Charging. There should be a Bulk/EQ time, as well as an EQ Voltage. These would both be set in a menu, as described in the manual. There might also be an additional menu setting -- Max Bulk/EQ Time. It is also possible, as BC04 described, a fixed time, but would be surprised at that for these older, but very good, fully-featured Inverter/chargers. (It is true that some of the venerable Xantrex C-series Charge Controllers only had a one-hour EQ interval, IIRC).

I do NOT have a manual on the SW inverters, just for the SW Plus models, which have some added settings, etc.

Have never EQed from any of these inverters ... can usually find a sunny day to do it from Solar. Good Luck, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭
    Options

I have to agree with Vic on this one . I never had a Xantrex anything that had a variable time, including a new 2014 SW 3024 model I got in this week. The SW4024 was inherited from Trace and I forgot about it. You should still be checking the SG level every hour and I don't know how you do that without stopping the EQ.

Attachment not found.