Ford to Announce Solar Car at CES

RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
Solar panels on cars are nothing new. The Toyota Prius has has offered solar panels on its roof for a number of The post Ford to Announce Solar Car at CES appeared first on Solar Feeds.

go to solarfeeds for the rest of this story>>>>>solarfeed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA solarfeed?i=Bx2UxRkpc_M:KOsNmkva1JA:gIN9vFwOqvQ solarfeed?d=qj6IDK7rITs solarfeed?i=Bx2UxRkpc_M:KOsNmkva1JA:V_sGLiPBpWU solarfeed?d=dnMXMwOfBR0
Bx2UxRkpc_M

More...

Comments

• inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Ford to Announce Solar Car at CES

Be very skeptical of the idea of a solar-concentrating fresnel lens panel above the parking space for the car. The idea has too many problems to go into here, but suffice it to say that it has been tried in the past and found wanting.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Ford to Announce Solar Car at CES
    inetdog wrote: »
    Be very skeptical of the idea of a solar-concentrating fresnel lens panel above the parking space for the car. The idea has too many problems to go into here, but suffice it to say that it has been tried in the past and found wanting.

i agree. at the very least the fresnel lenses need to be aimed at the sun so that the focal point is in the right place. concentrating cells are short lived as well. may just as well have 3 regular pvs there for at least it then could possibly offset your stereo use during summer sunshine if not a huge audio wattage.