Xantrex Communications Gateway

I've noticed that the Xantrex Communications Gateway is avail on several websites (some w/discounts). Has anybody purchased one yet? How does it perform or feedback? Thanks

Comments

• System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Re: Xantrex Communications Gateway

Don't buy... The software is a Yahoo Widget (slows your computer way down) and the thing worked for about 10 minutes before failure.

It still pings... on ethernet.. never worked wireless.
    It can be found by the "finder" software.
    It sometimes can be accessed through a browser for configuration, but never saves successfully.

Altenergy won't refund money and so far I'm stuck for an expensive piece of non-functional hardware. "Go back to Xantrex"

GT View works well. (the RS232 software), and it's a freebie.
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Re: Xantrex Communications Gateway

I personally never understood the value of this product. It cost more than a PC ( I beleive its like 500 US list price ) and to get data, as the previous poster mentioned you need an application loaded ( yahoo widgets ) on yet another pc.

Its cheaper to have a used 50 dollar laptop run SG-View ( or the older GT-View if your running a GT3.3 or smaller ) to upload the .png of active SG-View program to your web-site and can view from anywhere with a standard web-browser.

I would not recommend anyone purchase it ...