Neutral/ground bonding question.

verdigo
verdigo Solar Expert Posts: 428 ✭✭
I have a Midnite E-Panel and the wiring schematic shows a neutral/ground bond inside the e panel. From previous threads I have read there can only be one. All of my power equipment, batteries, ect... is located inside a shed. My intentions are no neutral/ground bond in either the e panel or the shed's sub A/C panel. The shed has a grounding rod which will be connected to the house's grounding rod and the house A/C box has the only neutral/ground bond in the whole system. Does this sound correct? I know you guy have probably answered this thousands of times but one more please?

Thanks again

Dennis

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Neutral/ground bonding question.

Yes, you only want one N-G bond. It doesn't really matter what the location of it is: shed where power is generated, E-panel where connections are made, or AC distribution panel. Just so long as it's only one bond and all the other neutral and ground wires are connected appropriately.
  • verdigo

Thanks again. I am finally beginning to get a little clarity. You guys are the best thing that ever happened to DIY solar.

Dennis
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    verdigo wrote: »
    All of my power equipment, batteries, ect... is located inside a shed. My intentions are no neutral/ground bond in either the e panel or the shed's sub A/C panel. The shed has a grounding rod which will be connected to the house's grounding rod and the house A/C box has the only neutral/ground bond in the whole system.

You have me thinking about the meaning of "sub" panel. Does your sub panel receive its feed from the Main (N-G bonded) panel? --vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • verdigo
    vtmaps wrote: »
    You have me thinking about the meaning of "sub" panel. Does your sub panel receive its feed from the Main (N-G bonded) panel? --vtMaps

Yes. It will anyway