check up config XW 4548 sell mode

Options
Hi,
Sorry for my bad english, i'm french canadian (Québec). I have one question for you.

My solar installation is

18 X 235 watt solard world poly
464 AH battery 48 volts type flooded
Xantrex XW 4548
2 X SCC mppt60-150 xantrex

grid support and sell activate.

My configuration now is

XW 4548,
charges cycle = 2 stage (bulk 57.6 / absorb 57.6)
recharges volts = 50 volts
Grid supp volts = 64 volts (for activate Enhanced interactive mode)

SCC mppt60-150
Charges cycle = 3 stage (bulk voltage 57.6 / absorb 57.6 / float voltage 54)
recharges volts = 50 volts

This configuration is ok or not for max sell solar and not kill my battery?

sorry again for my english and your lost time with me
Thank you .

Argoth

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: check up config XW 4548 sell mode

Welcome to the forum Argoth!

Your English is very understandable... I just fixed a couple of words.

My English is not great--And it is my only language. :blush::cry:

It looks like your settings are fine (I am not an expert in programming an XW hybrid inverter). Your next step should be learning to monitor your battery bank.

Checking electrolyte levels, and writing down the temperature corrected specific gravity using a Hydrometer at least once a month. And making sure you only use clean distilled water to refill the cells (and never let the plates get exposed).

More or less, you want to learn about battery maintenance and indications of battery bank health. Some examples:
    • You should need to add water to the battery bank about every two months (do not over fill--that will make a mess and cause problems). If you fill every month--they may be over charging. If you almost never fill the batteries, they may be under charging.
    • Watch battery voltage--Take a meter and measure/log the voltage of each cell (or battery). You are looking for differences--If you see a cell/battery with high or low voltage compared to the rest, you need to look for the reasons why.
    • Do not over equalize a battery bank. Equalizing is hard on a battery bank.
    • Do not over discharge the battery bank -- do not go below 50% very often, never go below 20% state of charge.
    • Do not let the battery "sit" below ~75% state of charge for days/weeks/months (sulfation).

There are many battery FAQs out there--Here are some in English... You should be able to find some in French (Rolls/Surrett is a Canadian company--Should have lots of documentation in French):

http://www.windsun.com/Batteries/Battery_FAQ.htm
    http://www.batteryfaq.org/
    http://batteryuniversity.com/
    http://rollsbattery.com/technical-resources.html (French too)

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • argoth
    argoth Registered Users Posts: 2
    Options
    BB. wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum Argoth!

Your English is very understandable... I just fixed a couple of words.

Thanks Bill :)
    Checking electrolyte levels, and writing down the temperature corrected specific gravity using a Hydrometer at least once a month. And making sure you only use clean distilled water to refill the cells (and never let the plates get exposed).

I do not know how, but I check here how, thanks for link. :)
    1-You should need to add water to the battery bank about every two months (do not over fill--that will make a mess and cause problems). If you fill every month--they may be over charging. If you almost never fill the batteries, they may be under charging.
    2-Watch battery voltage--Take a meter and measure/log the voltage of each cell (or battery). You are looking for differences--If you see a cell/battery with high or low voltage compared to the rest, you need to look for the reasons why.
    3-Do not over equalize a battery bank. Equalizing is hard on a battery bank.
    4-Do not over discharge the battery bank -- do not go below 50% very often, never go below 20% state of charge.
    5-Do not let the battery "sit" below ~75% state of charge for days/weeks/months (sulfation)

-Bill

1- I can do, thanks. :)
    2 and 3 - Ok no problems
    4 and 5 - All morning my bank battery have 70 % or most power in stock, and all end day she is at 100%.

I have test my system 3 month before connect on grid for sell. And before I took several months to properly calculate my system. But I'm just an amateur, so I take all the advice I can, thank you.

The Xantrex hybrid inverter setup is a little complicated and I want to be on to get the maximum. :D

This forum, is the best place on the net for very good information.

a+
    argoth
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options

Trojan has a very nice battery manual in English and Spanish (if that makes things any easier for you):

http://www.trojanbattery.com/ProductLiterature/GeneralProducts.aspx?tab=0#TabbedPanels1#top

Trojan Battery User's Guide
    English

Spanish

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset