Blue Sky 1524ix and IPN Pro Remote

norto
norto Registered Users Posts: 2
Hi from down under,
I have the Blue Sky 1524ix and IPN Pro Remote on my caravan with a 200w polcrystalline panel charging a 100ah battery.
Can you tell me the best settings for the controller.
Pete

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,590 admin
    Re: Blue Sky 1524ix and IPN Pro Remote

What size/kind of battery bank do you have? Generally, the output voltages settings are based on battery type (AGM, Flooded cell, bank voltage, Amp*Hour rating of bank, etc.).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • norto
    norto Registered Users Posts: 2

AGM Battery 100 ah
    Pete
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,590 admin

In general, AGM batteries have a charging set point of 14.2 to 14.4 volts. And something like 13.2 to 13.6 volts for float (maintenance charge when system is in storage). Try to find the charging instructions/manual for your battery--They usually tell you what their desired voltage settings are.

AGM should never have "high voltage" equalization--So you either turn off equalization, or set equalization to 14.3 volts or so...

A 100 AH battery bank, if used off grid quite a bit would ideally need a 5% to 13% rate of charge:

100 AH * 14.2 volts * 1/0.77 panel+controller derating * 0.05 rate of charge = 92 Watt minimum panel.
    100 AH * 14.2 volts * 1/0.77 panel+controller derating * 0.13 rate of charge = 240 Watt cost effective maximum panel.

So, you have a nicely balanced system design.

One thing to ask--Do you know the Vmp rating of your panel? For the Bluesky, it should be less than ~37 volts (yours should be).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset