Mounting bracket for Classic CC

verdigo
verdigo Solar Expert Posts: 428 ✭✭
My Classic didn't come with a mounting bracket, so I guess it is held up with just a single fastener in the top hole. My E-Panel did however come with one for it but mounts it on the left side, and I think I read somewhere where it is not recommended to mount it on the left side as the heat sink will be up against the E-Panel? All the pictures show it mounted there though. Anyone have any thoughts on this. I would like to use the mount but don't want to fry the Classic.

Thanks

Dennis

Comments

• Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Mounting bracket for Classic CC

Hi Dennis,

Have never mounted a Classic on an e-Panel, so do not know. All of the ones that I have mounted, used the top screw position and one or two of the ones in the wiring "compartment", and that has been quite sufficient.

The major heat-sink for the Classic is on the right side, but the Turbo Fan's air-channel covers the main heat-dissipating part of that heat-sink. So, doubt that little of the Classic's ability to radiate/convect heat would be reduced.

There has been some discussion of mounting brackets for e-panels vs heat concerns here, but seemed that there were no strong conclusions regarding the best way to handle thing. Recall, that perhaps, that bracket spaced the rear of the Classic out and away from the panel, allowing a bit more air-flow, and therefore a bit more heat to be lost to ambient.

Good Luck with your project. Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • verdigo
    verdigo Solar Expert Posts: 428 ✭✭

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and mounted it about a foot away from the E-Panel. like so shack3.jpg

Then I ran out of the right stuff to continue. Maybe next weekend I can charge some batteries.
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

I like :cool:those added offsets for passive heat dissipation...

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada