how to post powerpoint from local utility showing example wind-solar installs

bmet
bmet Solar Expert Posts: 630 ✭✭
I have a powerpoint which shows some example installations of both wind and solar, including costs and output. How could in make this information available to those who would like to see a "Utility"'s recent effort to evaluate renewable options for its customers? The slides contain web hyperlinks so that viewers can see more data. Thank you.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Re: how to post powerpoint from local utility showing example wind-solar installs

Usually, for larger documents, people use Google Docs, Flicker, Dropbox, or other document sharing service. We only host "smaller" files on the forum.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: how to post powerpoint from local utility showing example wind-solar installs

My Mac will "print" in PDF and that usually is postable.
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    solar_dave wrote: »
    My Mac will "print" in PDF and that usually is postable.
    But even on a Mac, "printing" from a multi-page Power Point file is often iffy.
    It is not likely to provide for animation, slide-to-slide navigation or timed slideshow as a PDF.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    inetdog wrote: »
    But even on a Mac, "printing" from a multi-page Power Point file is often iffy.
    It is not likely to provide for animation, slide-to-slide navigation or timed slideshow as a PDF.
    absolutely true.
  • bmet
    bmet Solar Expert Posts: 630 ✭✭

Thank you B.B. for the reference. I will check out google docs. The presentation is from a co-op that built several types of RE examples to study viability for customers. They include small and medium-sized installs for solar and wind, including components from different vendors to minimize 'bias'. The project started in 2009 and continues today, so some of the pricing will have been reduced. Some aspects of the installs were non traditional, such as concrete piers to mount everything on, but these costs are broken down so that they can be excluded from normal consumers.