2 questions, how to change celsius to fahrenheit on classic? how to monitor magnum 4024

vibeline
vibeline Registered Users Posts: 24 ✭✭
First question.
How do I change the Temp. from celsius to fahrenheit on my classic 150?
(I'm old I don't like metric)

Second question.
I have a magnum PAE4024 and The ME-RTR router
can I monitor what the inverter is doing from my pc in the house? (there is a network hub in the garage to jack into)
Or do I have to buy this ME-MW-E (MagWeb - Ethernet) Web Monitoring Kit
and do it thru the web.

Thanks Folks, for all the great info.
Cheers..

Comments

• ChrisOlson
    ChrisOlson Banned Posts: 1,807 ✭✭
    Re: 2 questions, how to change celsius to fahrenheit on classic? how to monitor magnum 4
    vibeline wrote: »
    First question.
    How do I change the Temp. from celsius to fahrenheit on my classic 150?
    (I'm old I don't like metric)

The simplest method is to double the C reading and add 30. Close enough for government work, as we say in these parts.
    --
    Chris
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: 2 questions, how to change celsius to fahrenheit on classic? how to monitor magnum 4

I think he was looking for a programming change not C*1.8+32. :D
  • vibeline
    vibeline Registered Users Posts: 24 ✭✭
    ChrisOlson wrote: »
    The simplest method is to double the C reading and add 30. Close enough for government work, as we say in these parts.
    --
    Chris

That's what I have been doing, LOL
    I want to see an "F" not a "C"
  • ChrisOlson
    ChrisOlson Banned Posts: 1,807 ✭✭

Ooops! Sorry. I misunderstood. You cannot change the C to F in the Classic itself. However, the Midnite Status Panel PC application for the Classic controllers does show either C or F for batt temp.
    --
    Chris
  • mtdoc
    mtdoc Solar Expert Posts: 600 ✭✭

Actually the most recent update of the Midnite Local App (which is their PC monitoring software) got rid of the Fahrenheit and is now Celsius only. There was some discussion of this recently on the Midnite Forum. Apparently having both F and C on the local app was confusing some since the Classic itself only shows C. Since C is the standard for science and engineering (even here in the non-metric US), I think it makes sense. Since monitoring is mostly about following trends anyways - I think most anyone should be able to quickly adjust to using Celsius.
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

We'll get an F and C selection onto the MNGP remote here some time soon I think.

One of the confusions on the local app was that changing to F did not change the daily logs to F.

I hope that F and C selection comes back to the local app.

boB