Highest wattage panels less than 32 inches wide

Options
CraigC
CraigC Registered Users Posts: 16
Does anyone know of a site where you can select panels by dimension? I'm looking for panels less than 32 inches wide and want to get as much wattage as possible. I know the Panasonic HIT series is 31.8 inches wide, do you know of any others?

thanks

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: Highest wattage panels less than 32 inches wide

With so much "churn" in the solar mfg. market--That such lists are difficult to maintain (panels may only last 2-3 years in production before being replaced by something bigger/better/cheaper).

You might go to the major websites and check their inventory to see what they have available. For example, our host NAWS only lists ~15 panels >100 watts on their website at the moment.

And if you only need a few panels (say for an RV), I would give them a call. Frequently they have "odds and ends" in the warehouse that they don't list on their websites (I suggest calling vendors near you--If you can save on shipping costs, that will be a big help).

The Sanyo (now Panasonic) HIT modules were very popular with my solar installer (very high quality, but not cheap). A while ago, our host NAWS said that the Panasonic panels were pretty difficult to get (again, mfg. churn--but Panasonic did reply and said they were still in the solar business). If you can find somebody selling them, they should be a great panel (you might give NAWS a call--none of us here work there, so we have no idea what is happening).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • SVNeko
    SVNeko Registered Users Posts: 5
    Options

Sunpower is the only other one I was able to find, but they are hard to buy at retail.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

that reminded me that the grapes are pushing what i believe are sunpower 2nds.
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_179956-40683-GS-S-195-FAB3_0__?productId=3961603&Ntt=solar+panels&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dsolar%2Bpanels&facetInfo=

not sure i'd pay that kind of $ though.