EPBB calculator shows higher incentive for less KWh?????

Options
I'm playing around with the CSI EPBB calculator and noticed that if I put any azimuth in left or right of my actual azimuth of 203 degrees, the incentive estimate goes down.

Stats:

Panel type and #: 32 x Mitsu UD185MF5
Standoff: 6"
Inverter: SB5000US 240
Tilt: 27
Azimuth: 203

When I use 203, my actual azimuth, the rebate estimate is $9263. When I use anything left or right of 203 degrees, the incentive starts going down. So for instance, azimuth 180 results in $9250 but the total yearly KWh production is more than for the azimuth 203.

Is it because of TOU metering? 203 is certainly better for E6 even if I'm making 103KWh per year less because it's not due south because it's more time spent selling back at the peak rate.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: EPBB calculator shows higher incentive for less KWh?????

Probably--the revamped California solar rebate plan now takes install conditions into account and requires an E6 TOU plan which seems to favor afternoon/evening power generation--with higher prices (PG&E, Northern California rate terminology for a 3 time of use rate Peak, partial peak, and off peak, with some 3-4 tiers of rates and winter/summer pricing too) (with some exceptions allowed for awhile)...
    TIME PERIODS: Times of the year and times of the day are defined as follows:
    Summer (service from May 1 through October 31):
    Peak: 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m Monday through Friday
    Partial-Peak: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
    AND 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
    Plus 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
    Off-Peak: All other times including Holidays.
    Winter (service from November 1 through April 30):
    Partial-Peak: 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
    Off-Peak: All other times including Holidays.
    Holidays: “Holidays” for the purposes of this rate schedule are New Year’s
    Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor
    Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. The
    dates will be those on which the holidays are legally observed.

When the first CA Rebates where done--I could have installed my system in total shade and I would still get the ~$2.50 PTC watt rebates.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset