SAMLEX PST-1000-12 experiences

Options
solar_dave
solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
I am going to add a PSW inverter to use a a backup source off both my Chevy Volts 12V systems. This one seems to fit the bill as it has a High Voltage cut off at 16.5 volts and the Volts DC to DC system is known to push the voltage up to 15.75 Volts. The DC to DC converter is rated at 175 amps in the Volt.

Any experience with this inverter would be greatly appreciated.
I have a freezer and a fridge, both energy Star rated, that I would like to keep powered during any extended outage. The 2000 watt surge capability should cover the start up loads on those. Using an inverter for each I would think I should be OK, along with some low powered devices, like ipad charger and perhaps a LED TV and a CFL or 2.

Comments

• Rybren
    Rybren Solar Expert Posts: 351 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: SAMLEX PST-1000-12 experiences

I have a PST-1500-24. Unfortunately, I haven't hooked it up yet so I can't speak to how it works. It does, however, seem to be a very solid unit. The manual is very comprehensive and well written, if that means anything.
  • Dill
    Dill Solar Expert Posts: 170 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: SAMLEX PST-1000-12 experiences

I have the same inverter as Rybren, it's been mounted on the wall in my garage serving out AC for my house for over a year now, no issues.