New Battery Can Store Solar and Wind Energy

RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
Scientists from the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory and Stanford University have developed a relatively cheap, long-life “flow” battery that can be used to mitigate power fluctuations from solar and wind energy plants, therefore enabling them to become major suppliers to the electrical grid. The research, led by Yi Cui, a [...]The post New Battery Can Store Solar and Wind Energy appeared first on Solar...

go to solarfeeds for the rest of this story>>>>>solarfeed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA solarfeed?i=13x3vsKeDV8:_UZcYla2W1o:gIN9vFwOqvQ solarfeed?d=qj6IDK7rITs solarfeed?i=13x3vsKeDV8:_UZcYla2W1o:V_sGLiPBpWU solarfeed?d=dnMXMwOfBR0
13x3vsKeDV8

More...

Comments

• westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: New Battery Can Store Solar and Wind Energy

WOW! It can store wind AND solar power, who would have ever guessed? (They're so different...)

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: New Battery Can Store Solar and Wind Energy
    westbranch wrote: »
    WOW! It can store wind AND solar power, who would have ever guessed? (They're so different...)

That's nothing! I have a cooler that will keep BOTH sandwiches AND drinks cold! Totally amazing! And it's made in China no less!