Solar Panel Syndrome

Options
stephendv
stephendv Solar Expert Posts: 1,571 ✭✭

"I used to have to wear sunglasses every time I went outside," Drooks told us. "Now, everything looks so dim. I think my new solar panels are just sucking in all the light and there's none left for me or my garden. My tomatoes certainly suffered after my PV install. My garden is located only 50 feet away from my solar array, after all."

Otherpower wants to know, so we interviewed a couple of other local off-grid residents. They all complained of similar symptoms, verifying the study results. Long-time curmudgeon and neighbor Brann Dartmann also confirmed some other disturbing SPS effects.

"I used to be able to feel every light particle from the sun beating on my head every day," Dartmann told Otherpower. "It gave me sunburn if there were too many. But now that I installed only a small PV array, there's some sort of photonic vortex on my roof, and I haven't been sunburned in days. I simply don't understand it, but it must be bad."

Happy April 2nd :D

Comments

• waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Solar Panel Syndrome

Hahaha Funny but not funny. It's funny in the eyes of anyone with two clues to play around with, but unfortunately, it seems more and more folks don't share that wondrous mental advantage, and if they ever got the chance to read this thread, would very shortly become totally convinced they too were suffering such ill effects. One look at the anti-wind turbine activists and assorted kooks who make up that group will tell us what we'd be in for if this ever got out into the mainstream. I remember (not joking) when sat TV first appeared in my part of the country. Back then it was the big 10 foot diameter dishes, and not kidding, many folks were totally convinced that those big dishes were "sucking in" so much signal, acting like huge magnets for any and all TV signals, that their local off air TV reception was suffering. Where once they had a clear TV picture, it was now snowy, because of those big signal sucking dishes. Not kidding, they were totally convinced and couldn't be educated otherwise. Most humans it seems are really not all that bright, and only exist because of the instinct to eat and reproduce. Hahahaha
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

wayne,
    so much for darwin's theory on evolution.:p btw, if they put the dish in front of their tv antenna then they are right as the dish is blocking the signals.

stephen,
    if they get tired of not being burned they can stick their heads in the oven.:confused:
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    niel wrote: »
    wayne,
    so much for darwin's theory on evolution.:p btw, if they put the dish in front of their tv antenna then they are right as the dish is blocking the signals.

stephen,
    if they get tired of not being burned they can stick their heads in the oven.:confused:
    Hahaha Niel, a whole bunch of the TV signal complainers and believers were complaining about a couple of neighbours who had dishes well below (vertically) and in other directions than where the TV transmitter towers were located. And they were totally, completely convinced. Hahahaha
    Oh, and the dishes were located about a mile away across a wide river. Hahaha
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

wayne,
    i'm not surprised. as a long time radio operator i've been blamed for much myself. the stupidity and arrogance of some i've encountered are on par with what you site.